donderdag 6 januari 2011

Dermatophagia

Hello everybody!

I'm sorry for the lack of posts. I wanted to post a NOTD today, but I had a though exam today and when I got home I just didn't feel like writing a blogpost at all. I still have to select pictures too...

I already mentioned it once, I suffer from dermatophagia (wolf-biting; Wikipedia). You can also notice it in some of my pictures, but "luckily" it's worse on my right hand and my left thumb, than that it is on my other fingers on my left hand.

Lately, I have been under a lot off stress because of school. I have some important exams coming up, I'm behind with studying, basically, I'm not being a good student at the moment. And the wolf-biting gets worse when I'm under a lot off stress.
My thumbs look really bad. Like the second picture of the wikipedia link. I can't bend my left thumb properly, because the skin is getting too thick. I don't feel everything on my fingers anymore. Sometimes I touch the sides but it feels kind off numb.

I really hate that I do this. I'm also ashamed when I post a picture when it's visable. I don't understand photoshop, so I can't photoshop any things away...
I tried to stop countless times, but I never succeed. Tried to put on disguisting stuff, to do other things with my hands like knitting or origami, but nothing seems to work!

So, please, please bear with me if it's visable on any of my pictures! I'm really trying to stop.
Also, if you do this too, or if you are/were a nailbiter, please share some tips on quitting! :)

That's all for today, thanks for stopping by! :)
 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin