zondag 26 september 2010

Essence SOS Nail Repair Pads: Part 3

Hello everybody!

Again, a post without pictures, sorry!

I decided to give the Essence SOS nail repair pads another try. The nail of my thumb was cracked. My thumb nail is very thick and absolutely not flexible in any way (for example, I can “fold” the nail of my pinky without any problem). So it doesn’t crack fast, but once it’s cracked it’ll break off very easily.

I wondered if the nail repair pads could handle this. Put them on, 2 coats of nailglue, and then just my regular polish.
Two days later my nail broke off. I took something out of my schoolbag, don’t really know exactly how it happened, but it slipped out of my hand and as a result my nail broke off. So the pads didn’t really help with “saving” my nail… I filled my nail down so it would look better, but I didn’t take the pad off, because I didn’t had the time to do that.

Also I found that the pads let go off the nail easily. After 5 days, it started to peel off around the cuticle area. I could rip half of the thing off without any effort. Maybe it’s because of the glue? I used the Essence SOS glue.

I don’t really like this pads as they don’t work for me. I followed the instructions so I don’t think I did something wrong. Do you have any experiences with these pads and were that better experiences? Please let me know, because I really like the idea of the pads!

Thanks for reading!

 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin